Skip to content

General

Thanks for choosing Hindenburg products. Please help us improve our product with your feedback, ideas and questions. We aim to reply to support questions within 24 hours.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. Enable Win10 shortcut on Narration View window for moving to another monitor

In a studio-environment it can be quite messy when you need to drag the Narration View window with the mouse to an external monitor for the reader in the cabin. You don't see that monitor, so it is a bit odd.

Windows 10 has a set of very nice shortcuts for Window management. Although the shortcut for maximizing (Windows key + arrow up) works perfectly fine, the combination Windows key + SHIFT + arrow left/right doesn't.

With Windows key + SHIFT + arrow left/right you can move a window between monitors. This is a very handy shortcut! This works with…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Warning when overwriting a file when publishing

I produce a podcast every day, and do this by trying to remember to "save as" a new file every day. I don't always remember.

When publishing audio, Hindenburg never checks if you're overwriting a file that already exists. This is not what normally happens on MacOS or Windows - you're normally told "do you want to overwrite this file?" or something - and this behaviour ought to be the default within Hindenburg, to my mind.

(I can see the merits of being able to switch an error message like this off, too).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Journalist PRO  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dropping markers from mobile devices.

Would love to be able to listen to my recording on my iphone and with the simple touch of a button, drop markers where I need to make edits and then import those markers (linked to timecode?) into my hindenburg edit software for my final editing. This would be a great streamline to workflow because I could listen to my recorded session for necessary edits while driving.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Selection Mode"

When first cutting a recorded interview, usually there is no need for selecting and dragging regions. The main activity is selecting areas for editing, splitting areas and cutting. However, the primary function of the mouse button is still the selecting of regions - you have to go to some empty place (often the only option is the thin area* separating two tracks) for the cursor to change into selection mode.

So it would be very useful to have a shortcut (like SomeKey+mouse drag) to put the mouse cursor in selection mode, or even a dedicated Selection Mode, when only the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export / Publish Efficiency - Temp Files and Duplicate Settings

Hindenburg is incredibly powerful but mixdowns / renders can be very time consuming if effects have been used, particularly if there are several tracks to process.

While I realize that some of that is unavoidable, the way Hindenburg matches loudness targets is to process the mix twice - once to determine loudness processing needs and again to apply them. It seems like the duplicate processing could be cut in half if the mix was first rendered to a temp file and then that file processed for final loudness and export / publish.

Depending on the amount of processing in a…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export all markers as text file

Dear Hindenburg staff,

many thanks for your great product. I often use it while putting together pieces for German public radio.

I have a very simple request. Would it be possible to make all markers exportable as text files, not just the chapter markers?

I often use markers for notetaking. I know that you can find them in the nhsx-File, so I'm wondering how difficult it would be to export them directly in the software.

Reaper, for example, can export its marker list as both txt and csv. Basically, at the moment, I listen to my recordings in Reaper, and…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. keyboard shortcut for view statistics

It would be great to simply press one key instead of clicking Tools, View Statistics. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  HABC Production  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto-save/Back-up Feature

When my colleague tried to save her project at the end of the day, Hindenburg crashed and her whole work was gone when she reopend the project.
    Is there something like an auto-save feature that prevents such incidents in the future?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello, I am a blind and it is not possible for me to use and modify the volume. Do you have some short cut for that? Could you work on this?

Hello, I am a blind journalist and I would like first tou congratulate you for the accessibility's work that you did in this program. Neverttheless, it is not possible for me to contrôle and modify the volume of my traks because this fonction seems to be only visual. Does it exist some short cut which allaws blind people to increase or decrease a track's volume? Otherwise, maybe you could include a parameter in the menu for this? Anyway, I hope you will be able to suggest me something quickly about that.
    I am French and I am using Hindenburg on…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Is here a way to edit recurring plops? Interviewers will know what I mean

Is here a way to edit recurring plops? Interviewers will know what I mean

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. VST Plugin Locations

Hello. I work in the radio industry and also write music. I would like to see an option to choose locations for VST plugins rather than the current system which dictates a specific folder. I have different plugin locations (multiple) and it would be nice to specify these locations to scan for plugins rather than have to move my plugins to work for this specific application.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Broadcaster  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Zoom in

When you click "Command and +" to zoom in on content, that content should be centered automatically so that the section at the cursor is easy to see and work with.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Journalist PRO  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Two details to further improve publication in Spreaker

Thank you for implementing the Spreaker publication and for the improvements. I think two details are missing to make it perfect and practical:
    1.- Allow automatic publication of pictures. Both the general and the chapters.
    2. Allow the automatic publication of the description field.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Session import: option to specify into existing tracks or new tracks and to specify whether effects should be imported as well

I think the session import feature is stellar. However, I wish there was an option to specify whether the imported tracks are to be imported into existing tracks or should create new tracks. Additionally, if they are to be imported into new tracks, it would be great to have the option to also import any effects and settings.

Also, if it were possible to import across sample rates, that would be great.

It’s probably an edge case. But it would be nice.

Still convinced Hindenburg is the best :-)

Bryan

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Color Coding

I'm aware there has already been a feature request for this, but nothing seems to have happened since 2015. Is there any chance you might introduce color coding at some point? It seems like a simple enough feature and it would really improve the product.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change Shortcuts/Commands

I would love to change the keyboard settings and use my own shortcuts. Is there a way to change the commands on Hindenburg (currently trial version, Windows).
    Thanks!
    Sandra

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Return to last edit point when opening a recent session

When I open a recent session, I almost always want it to open to my last edit point so I can continue where I left off. Instead, it always opens at the beginning of the session. That means I either have to remember to place a marker where I left off or I have to write down the time stamp. Or more often I forget to do either and have to go searching for my last edit point!

This could be fixed by showing a dialogue box when you close the session. There could be a check box to return…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. aaf/omf import

Please enable AAF and OMF importing. This would allow me and my company to use Descript to edit audio and then pull it into Hindenburg. I'm considering switching DAW's company wide since we can't do this currently.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reverse a section

I play songs for broadcast that have sections with explicit language. Would be great if I could reverse those sections so the music could stay in key and on tempo.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 'Sticky' markers

Just a quick note. In early edits of an interview I always plant markers for different segments of the interview.

But in the second sweep of edits I will often rearrange the interview entirely- or open gaps up to slot other speakers into the sames section.

It's very easy to move big chunks of audio clips with the 'Select to End' shortcut. But the markers remain behind- and I have to try and recognise by eye where to replant them.

Could there be some way to make the markers 'sticky' so that they attach to a particular clip or group…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base