Skip to content

General

Thanks for choosing Hindenburg products. Please help us improve our product with your feedback, ideas and questions. We aim to reply to support questions within 24 hours.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Enable the shop to work at weekends

Order - pay - get confirmed then a black hole of nothingness.
    You need to fix your integration and API with Paddle and become e-commerce enabled.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Travers,

I understand your frustration and apologise for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Many hundred people have successfully ordered and received both trials and licences this weekend without any issues, so I am pretty confident that our system is set up as well as is possible, but when integrating with other services it is never possible to guarantee that everything works every time.

I hope that you find Hindenburg helps you focus on telling your stories.

If not, please write back to me for a refund.

Best, Chris Mottes, CEO.

2. Noise Reduction

I get that you have to make money and one way to get people using the product is to offer an inexpensive version (Journalist) and hope they'll upgrade ... but it seems to me that you don't include the Noise Reduction tool in Journalist. The free program Audacity has it. So I find myself removing noise in Audacity then loading Hindenburg. To me, when it can be done for free, it doesn't make sense to not include it in Journalist. Noise Reduction would seem to be a fairly standard requirement.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We do appreciate that it might be frustrating not to have noise reduction in the Journalist version.

Unfortunately it seems there is a misunderstanding regarding the huge amount of work that went into creating our very unique Noise Reduction tool.

I would urge you to compare using the Noise Reduction tool in Audacity, Audition or any Noise Reduction plugin that you can buy with Hindenburg’s version, in order to understand how much more our tool can do.

Hindenburg’s Noise Reduction tool automatically identifies any persistent noise in 3 bandwidth areas, commonly called Buzz, Hum and Hiss.

In all the competing products, you have to identify each of those frequencies yourself using a spectrum analyser, and then input them into the noise reduction tool manually.

The next step would be to remove each frequency one at a time using a destructive export of the audio from which you are…

3. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Recording more than two tracks on a skype/call record

I use the skype/call record feature often, it's helpful and wonderful! However, you can only record the call track + one other track. I often am recording two hosts interviewing a guest via Skype/call recorder and end up having to set up a separate audio recorder for the second host and sync it up later. That's a bummer :( It'd be awesome if we were able to record the call/skype on one track and then multiple mics on multiple tracks!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately it’s not possible to get multiple channels from Skype. As soon as Skype implements it, we will be all over it.
    We have also looked at NDI, but Skype does not have the audio channels separated.

5. Apply effects live/in real-time (Studio Link support)

As of now, Hindenburg Journalist (Pro) is one of those rare DAWs that can only apply effects during playback.
    But: For some (live) applications we need to apply effects in real-time.

I'm specifically talking about the new Skype-Killer called "Studio Link" (basically Skype with way better quality, no account, no delay, direct recording in your DAW and only browser-based for your guests in the near future). This plugin demands processing in real-time in order to work.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hindenburg is designed to be a no destructive and easy to use DAW for audio storytellers. Implementing this feature would go against the design guidelines.
    It is possible to route from the stand alone Studio Link APP and record it into Hindenburg.

6. PRO Features a la carte

I wonder if it would be possible to have some features available in Journalist Pro as a la carte additions. In my case specifically, I'd like to have the Skype Recorder but don't feel I need to upgrade to Journalist PRO to do the projects I want. However that particular feature would be of great interest to me, and being able to add it for a reduced fee would be one idea.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?