Skip to content

General

Thanks for choosing Hindenburg products. Please help us improve our product with your feedback, ideas and questions. We aim to reply to support questions within 24 hours.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. New folder for WAV copy when exporting audiobooks

Hi!
    I produce a lot of audiobooks in Daisy format but I also like to keep a WAV copy on my machine for future use.
    As of right now, whenever I export a book and select "Generate WAV copy" all files (including all of the Daisy ones) end up in the same folder - and in some cases, where a book has many chapters or sublevels, things can get quite chaotic as you can see in the screenshot attached.
    Would it be possible to have Narrator create a subfolder in which either the Daisy or the WAV files go once…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  HABC Production  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Colours and line spacing in Narration View

Hallo and thank you for this great software!

I record my audiobooks on a tablet computer in Narration View.

It would be a great feature if you could mark the text in different colours, for example to mark different characters.

Also it would be great to be able to adjust the line spacing - some texts would be much easier to read with more space between the lines.

Thank you very much!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. HABC for iPad OS

Greetings,

Currently I am using Hindenburg Journalist Pro to record audiobooks, which I read of an iPad Pro.
    Seeing as the iPad Pro has a USB-C port that can power most audio interfaces these days, I was thinking it would be fantastic to have HABC running directly on the iPad.
    Thus eliminating the need for a separate computer to do the recording on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automated Proofing with Exportable Reports for Clients

Currently I have Hindenburg ABC and love the product. While looking around for Automated Proofing Software I came across Pozotron which seems to have some very good functionality. However, it seems expensive and has a subscription based pricing model which I really don't like. Hindenburg ABC seems like it could potentially have some of these features built into it in the future with not to much trouble. If at all possible having an Automated Proofing feature similar to Pozotron would be really awesome. If not maybe Hindenburg could develop a separate program that I would gladly purchase.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Locking the Manuscript

In an organisation that has multiple recording studios It is common to prepare the structure in advance, send it to a studio and after the recording someone does a quality check on the end product.
    One of those checks is very evident: checking if the structure of the book is intact.

Hindenburg ABC has already a difference between a reading mode and edit mode on the manuscript but we believe we could gain more security if you could activate an overall lock on the entire manuscript. For example with a menu option, or with a lock button on the manuscript…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable Win10 shortcut on Narration View window for moving to another monitor

In a studio-environment it can be quite messy when you need to drag the Narration View window with the mouse to an external monitor for the reader in the cabin. You don't see that monitor, so it is a bit odd.

Windows 10 has a set of very nice shortcuts for Window management. Although the shortcut for maximizing (Windows key + arrow up) works perfectly fine, the combination Windows key + SHIFT + arrow left/right doesn't.

With Windows key + SHIFT + arrow left/right you can move a window between monitors. This is a very handy shortcut! This works with…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. keyboard shortcut for view statistics

It would be great to simply press one key instead of clicking Tools, View Statistics. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add navpoints on audio import

Often, when producing DTBs, my team is dealing with audio files which has already been logically organized according to a book structure element, whether that is primary headings, or pages. What would be an incredible addition from our perspective is the ability to place navpoints in bulk at the beginning of each audio file.

An example case would be creating a DAISY 2.02 DTB in which the source audio files each represent a page of text. In the existing HABC build, a user would have to Tab->Click "Page" (or key-press) to add each nav element.

I'm happy to discuss this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Queued/Bulk Exports

It would be really awesome Hindy could queue projects to be exported. That way a whole bunch of projects could be rendered at a given time, instead of twiddling my thumbs for ten minutes each export.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Saving effect presets

I'm missing the functionality of saving presets of effects or VST's.
    So you can choose from your favorite settings instead of recreating them each time.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  HABC Production  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Narration view configurable

On a small laptop screen it can be a problem to see all of the text, if the book has a bigger width. The text is not breaking! Flexibility with the display of the text being narrated in the narration view would surely be appreciated: Font Family, Font size, background color, highlighting color configurable by the user.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An error marker that works while in record

I really need a marker that works while recording. Then I can read at lot at det same time and go back and edit the mistakes later and easily see where they are. . maybe it could be placed on the letter m. oneclick command.
    christin

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move the order of headers in TOC

Would it be possible to move the order of the headers in TOC? At the moment of the recording the definive order is not always known, so it would be necessary tot move the headers with the connected audio in the right order.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve Metadata/Properties for DAISY 2.02 output

We've recently begun testing HABC as a replacement for our current DAISY 2.02 production suite and workflow. During our testing we've noticed that the resulting output does not initially pass DAISY 2.02 validation using the industry standard tool (https://code.google.com/archive/p/daisytools/). Two small additions/modifications to the metadata creation seem to be necessary.

ncc:multimediaType needs the content value of "audioNCC" in addition to the other content values.

ncc:sourceEdition is only a recommended field per the specification, but it seems to throw a warning in the validation tool when it is not included.

By modifying the ncc.html output from HABC to include…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

if you set “Multimedia Type” in “Properties” to “Audio, TOC” the output will set “ncc:multimediaType” to “audioNCC”.

Support for ncc:sourceEdition will be added in the next update (Probably build 2236).

15. Visualize content filled with audio in the Manuscript and Narrator View.

Make visual what has been filled with audio or not in the manuscript and especially the narrator view. Like it is in the contents view now. Or just with a different colour for the chapters that have been read and filled with audio. It makes it so much easier to navigate for readers that use the narrator view only.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Marker usable in record for marking errors when reading

When you are reading you sometimes make mistakes but want to stay in the text and continue reading and edit later. Now I am using a sound signal 'bipp' to mark mistakes which is to be cut out. This makes the reading much more efficient and I can read f.ex a chapter in one go and edit the text afterwards. I would like one 'button' (M for eksample) that I easily can press while in record to mark the mistake.

I have tried to create a marker ... but haven't been able to get it to work.

best regards christin…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Time data in HABC

Is it possible to add the following feature in your HABC program: at the moment we are using a Daisy recording tools which had the ability to produce data of the session time (how long is this project open) and the recorded time. Knowing this you can calculate if the narrator makes many mistakes or is an efficient reader or not. F.i. some narrators produce 60 minutes of spoken word in 120 minutes of recording. So this score is 50%. Other narrators produces less than 50% while some narrators are very efficient in the score of 70% or more. We…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base