Skip to content

General

Thanks for choosing Hindenburg products. Please help us improve our product with your feedback, ideas and questions. We aim to reply to support questions within 24 hours.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

21 results found

1. Export / Publish Efficiency - Temp Files and Duplicate Settings

Hindenburg is incredibly powerful but mixdowns / renders can be very time consuming if effects have been used, particularly if there are several tracks to process.

While I realize that some of that is unavoidable, the way Hindenburg matches loudness targets is to process the mix twice - once to determine loudness processing needs and again to apply them. It seems like the duplicate processing could be cut in half if the mix was first rendered to a temp file and then that file processed for final loudness and export / publish.

Depending on the amount of processing in a…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Freeze playhead and scroll tracks

I would love fro be able to freeze the playhead and scroll the tracks. This way I can keep my eyes fixed on the playhead in the center and, when I stop playback to make an edit, I would know that the audio to be corrected is just to the left of the center of the screen. It would require much less eye and mouse movement.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. View > Cue Points

The menu item View > Markers does not show Cue Points which is a pity. I propose inserting a new menu item View > Cue Points which shows a list of all cue points.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cue Points are tricky as you can have multiple versions of the same cue point at different places in the timeline.
    As Curpoint are related to the audio – then it will also move, copy, delte, tase …as the audio does. So having a Cue Markers list is a bit of a moving target.
    It’s possible to set and export other markers, if that is what is needed. You could for instance use the Chapter Markers and then export them as text.

4. Multiple Sessions

It would be helpful to allow multiple sessions. Many times I need to cut and past audio from a previous recording. That requires many steps: open old session, copy. Close old session. Open new session. Paste. Repeat.
    Multiple sessions opened at the same time would be really helpful.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Broadcaster  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the current framework it is not possible to have multiple sessions open unfortunately. It does take, as you describe, some steps.
    What you could do is, place the clips you would like to reuse in the Favourites clipboard. This way they will always be at hand trough all projects.

5. Affiliate Program

Podcasters are in love with affiliate programs to monetize their stuff... Every podcaster should be using your software to edit... it is awesome.

This is a cool service I recommend - several companies I like use it: https://www.refersion.com?rfsn=280857.7b3ac (yes it is an affiliate link)

Hope to see you set one up... so when I create the ultimate podcast course I can monetize it ;-)

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all the input.

Unfortunately we still don’t have the resources to get an affiliate program in place. However, we will be moving to a new payment solution in the next months that will have an affiliate option built in, so once we have that daunting project in place, we will look into the implementation of the affiliate program option.

Thanks for your continued support everyone.

6. Lock Track

Add a LOCK TRACK button so that an individual track can be locked so other editing operations will not change it. All regions would stay in place on that track and could not be deleted if locked.

Journalist PRO is GREAT!!!!!

This control could be added to this drop-down in the photo attached. Then the blue could turn red to show the track is locked.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Controller support / control mapping

Support for midi, osc, and other hardware communication protocols for physical controller mapping.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do already have that in Hindenburg ABC and it has it’s uses rearding recording lamps, silent buttons and transport … but we have not implemented it in Hindenburg Journalist, as things like automating volume curves would not be possible. This might result in more confusion and frustration – that it would solve. But we will keep it in the back of our minds.

8. Detect and delete silence

When working with separate tracks of several remote guests on a podcast or talk show it is essential to delete "silent" parts of the track when someone isn't talking. Sometimes these parts are not silent at all (because of a lot of background noise or leaking audio from headphones), but that makes it even more important to have them removed.

I would like Hindi to be able to identify and insert breakpoints around these sections automatically and remove them upon request. That would make my life soooo much easier.

192 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been looking at how we can implement “delete silence” in Hindenburg. I think we should be able to come up with a solution for that in the near future.
    We have been working on some other features that touch the same area, with out latest Beta feature called “Magic Levels”.
    It’s a non destructive way of applying Side Chain Gate – so that mixing multiple recordings become very easy.
    No the same, I know – be it might help out in the situations where you are looking to reduce Bleed or Noisefloor.

9. An error marker that works while in record

I really need a marker that works while recording. Then I can read at lot at det same time and go back and edit the mistakes later and easily see where they are. . maybe it could be placed on the letter m. oneclick command.
    christin

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Linked track editing" should work as "editing all tracks"

Hi,
    I do long narrative recordings. Whenever there's an error, I drop a marker. I then edit it, and to keep the markers to stay at their position (e g to follow with the audiofile when editing), I make sure that all tracks are marked.
    I was glad to read about the Link Tracks feature, but disappointed when I tried it. I expected that editing on Linked tracks worked as mentioned above, but it didn't. Audio markers stayed at the same place on the timeline, instead of following the audiofile(s).

I'd be very happy if you changed this! :)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keep the display centered on the cursor position when zooming in

I think I've previously submitted this, but just in case I haven't...

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Session Name for easier iTunes sharing

Hi!

I am a musician and filmmaker and love your app for quickly recording and editing ideas. The one thing I want, however, is that I can name my session as soon as I open the app and then, most importantly, that that name shows up in the iTunes folder when I want to move it off my iPhone to my computer.

Currently, the folder in iTunes File Sharing looks something like this: "2014-11-11 10-38-41 Files"

I would like it to look like this: "Song Name" OR "Song Name 2014-11-11 10-38-41 Files" OR "2014-11-11 10-38-41 Files Song Name"

I realize…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good point.
    The field recorder was implemented long before file sharing became available, so the internal format was sufficient back then.
    We’ll see if we can rename the file/folder on the fly if you give it a name in session properties.

13. empty bin

there needs to be a feature that allows you to empty all the unused takes once the seesion is done. These wav files are eating up my hard drive.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Duplicate track

Once you have applied plugins to a track it would be very usefull to be able to copy or duplicate the track - complete with its plugins settings and perhapsalso audiofiles.

For example if I edit version one then I want to continue with the short version or the alternative edit version two.
    Thats when I miss the duplicate track utility.

// thanks

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Work space  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export all (or all selected) clips from the whole clipboard or a clipboard group

I'd love to mark several clips in the clipboard and have them batch-exported automatically as separated single audio takes. This would on the one hand allow for reducing the project size dramatically if the original audio source is very large, i.e. an interview or material from a press conference etc.
    On the other hand this feature would help to forward single takes to the editorial office or to other applications.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Plugin flexibility

Hi,
    it would be great to have the opurtunity to move the plugins around a little bit not only on each track but also between the tracks.

For example if I on one track have put a limiter, eq and then a compressor in that order, I then might want to change the order or even insert another eq in between the signal chain to do a A-B test between two different eq's.

i'm a soundengineer and I use waves plugins wich works fine in Hindenburg theese days.

// thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Move the order of headers in TOC

Would it be possible to move the order of the headers in TOC? At the moment of the recording the definive order is not always known, so it would be necessary tot move the headers with the connected audio in the right order.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Time data in HABC

Is it possible to add the following feature in your HABC program: at the moment we are using a Daisy recording tools which had the ability to produce data of the session time (how long is this project open) and the recorded time. Knowing this you can calculate if the narrator makes many mistakes or is an efficient reader or not. F.i. some narrators produce 60 minutes of spoken word in 120 minutes of recording. So this score is 50%. Other narrators produces less than 50% while some narrators are very efficient in the score of 70% or more. We…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Autosave

Save an open session automatically.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Preserve Timestamps

When Hindenburg copies audio files to the project directory it modifies their timestamp, even if the files are not being re-coded. I would prefer Hindenburg to preserve the "created" time stamp of the original file, so I could delete the original file and still know, when the recording was made.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?