Skip to content

General

Thanks for choosing Hindenburg products. Please help us improve our product with your feedback, ideas and questions. We aim to reply to support questions within 24 hours.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. Return to last edit point when opening a recent session

When I open a recent session, I almost always want it to open to my last edit point so I can continue where I left off. Instead, it always opens at the beginning of the session. That means I either have to remember to place a marker where I left off or I have to write down the time stamp. Or more often I forget to do either and have to go searching for my last edit point!

This could be fixed by showing a dialogue box when you close the session. There could be a check box to return…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. VST Plugin Locations

Hello. I work in the radio industry and also write music. I would like to see an option to choose locations for VST plugins rather than the current system which dictates a specific folder. I have different plugin locations (multiple) and it would be nice to specify these locations to scan for plugins rather than have to move my plugins to work for this specific application.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Broadcaster  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export all markers as text file

Dear Hindenburg staff,

many thanks for your great product. I often use it while putting together pieces for German public radio.

I have a very simple request. Would it be possible to make all markers exportable as text files, not just the chapter markers?

I often use markers for notetaking. I know that you can find them in the nhsx-File, so I'm wondering how difficult it would be to export them directly in the software.

Reaper, for example, can export its marker list as both txt and csv. Basically, at the moment, I listen to my recordings in Reaper, and…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Silence detection

Occasionally, when producing a podcast you leave a little bit of audio at the far right - you might have moved it there on purpose while editing. The result is your lovely podcast, which plays all the way through, then a big gap, then a little clip of audio.

As a suggestion, when publishing or exporting a file, you could detect long periods of silence and place this in the dialog box at the end, as an advisory for editors. "For information: this audio contains 183 seconds of silence." That, alone, would be enough to at least notice that something…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Return To Start

Key Command to return to zero? The zero key or Period Key?

Please allow it so that it can be customized when it becomes available.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add cue points on volume curve

Something that has been bugging me since I started working with Hindenburg: how to create volume curves. It's pretty straightforward for fade in/out and simple ducking, but more complex curves (e.g. for music) are a pain to create. Is there a deeper reason why it's not possible to create cue points on the curve that you can drag up and down, like in other DAWs? I'm working on a project at the moment where I create audio curves like on the attached screenshot. While it is possible to do that in Hindy, it would be a lot easier if you…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. List of Cuepoints

When I create Markers, they're automatically added to the clipboard. When I create a Cuepoint, though, I don't see any place where that's listed. Would be great if a menu or window could be made that holds a list of cue points, similarly to the Marker clipboard.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. effects

Increase number of effects from 6 to 8.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Full export options in Publish

Would love to get the full Export options in the Publish setup.

Specifically, we render two files for each episode:
    Low quality, no chapters.
    High quality, with chapters.

Although the Publish/Save to Computer screens do have quality settings, they don't let us specify specific quality settings, nor do they let us have a toggle for chapters.

These options exist in the Export workflow.

It would be great to have the ability in the Publish workflow to be able to specify bitrate and chapters too!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add support for the new universal DAWproject session exchange format - it's free and open-source

The new DAWproject format can transfer entire sessions to/from different DAW platforms, making it easier and more efficient to collaborate with people via Hindenburg. Unlike the outdated OMF/AAF formats, DAWproject includes audio and MIDI along with volume/pan/sends, fades, clip gain, warping, pitch transposition, generic EQ/comp/gate/limiter settings for built-in inserts, plugin settings and automation data. DAWformat is also a convenient way to archive sessions for storage.

It's free and open-source, and all the necessary information is documented on GitHub here: https://github.com/bitwig/dawproject#readme

Thanks for your consideration, and please vote and comment if you support this idea!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Linked track editing" should work as "editing all tracks"

Hi,
    I do long narrative recordings. Whenever there's an error, I drop a marker. I then edit it, and to keep the markers to stay at their position (e g to follow with the audiofile when editing), I make sure that all tracks are marked.
    I was glad to read about the Link Tracks feature, but disappointed when I tried it. I expected that editing on Linked tracks worked as mentioned above, but it didn't. Audio markers stayed at the same place on the timeline, instead of following the audiofile(s).

I'd be very happy if you changed this! :)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More powerful EQ & compressor tools

Hi users & Hindenburg team

I really like the simple design and functionallity of Hindenburg Journalist Pro. But simplicity sometimes comes at a price.
    Right now, the EQ tool only offers manipulating the lower, middle and higher ranges of the spectrum. That's just way too simple. The attached image will easily show you why.
    The compressor only offers more or less compression. Way too simple again.
    Coming from Adobe Audition, I'm used to more powerful tools I don't want to miss.

Please add some advanced EQ & compression options to the existing ones. Let us manipulate EQ at specific frequencies,…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More Than 4 Effects

There needs to be the ability to put more than 4 effects on a track. I use Compression, EQ, Noise Reduction and a separate effect plugin to get my raw audio to it's baseline that I use for my show. Then I like to add filters and other effects to that file to alter certain sounds, or add reverb. I can't do that when all 4 of the available effect slots are full.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Close file without closing Hindenburg

It would be nice to be able to close a session without having to Exit from Hindenburg.

Most similar programs let you do that.

Thanks!

Rowby

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Coloured boxes

Hi Hindenburg,

I'd love a feature where I could change the default blue colour to red or green or whatever, depending on my editing process.

When editing, I have to use a separate notepad with time markings to say what needs to be changed. But I'd love to be able to highlight the audio boxes with different colours (red for re-record narration, green for adjusting P-pops, yellow for audio quotes that need to be verified by an independent source etc). This is how I run my email software - different colours for different types of emails/work. This is super handy…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 'Sticky' markers

Just a quick note. In early edits of an interview I always plant markers for different segments of the interview.

But in the second sweep of edits I will often rearrange the interview entirely- or open gaps up to slot other speakers into the sames section.

It's very easy to move big chunks of audio clips with the 'Select to End' shortcut. But the markers remain behind- and I have to try and recognise by eye where to replant them.

Could there be some way to make the markers 'sticky' so that they attach to a particular clip or group…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sonix compatibility

Sorry for double-posting: forgot I had this option too.

I am an old, enthusiastic user of HJ, but a new, happy user of Sonix[dot]ai, and would love the ability to export from there into a non-destructive .nhsx format (which you can currently do for Adobe Auduition, etc).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to lock chapter markers to audio

I edit my podcast episodes using chapter markers. Sometimes I record an intro after editing (for example, because I want it to reflect the content in the finished episode), which I of course want to put at the beginning of the episode.

In this situation, I wish there was an easy way to move the chapter markers along with the audio. Now, I have to first move all the audio, then move each chapter marker the correct amount.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Punch-in recording for part of a region

Punch-in recording to correct a mistake does not currently stop at the end of the part that needs to be re-recorded but overwrites anything following it. At a recent workshop Jonathan demonstrated a feature from another Hindenburg product that automatically moves anything after a pre-defined part of a region back to allow the take to fill the gap, regardless of how long it is. (I don't recall the name of the feature or of the product at the moment.) It would be great to make this feature available in Journalist PRO as well.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export only selected Chapters/Headings on Narrator

When clicking "Export to ACX" the whole audiobook is exported. Would be great if you could choose which chapters you want to export. For example if an author requests a revission in a specific chapter of the book you don't want to export the whole audiobook again. Just the corrected chapter.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base