Skip to content

General

Thanks for choosing Hindenburg products. Please help us improve our product with your feedback, ideas and questions. We aim to reply to support questions within 24 hours.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

328 results found

1. Detect and delete silence

When working with separate tracks of several remote guests on a podcast or talk show it is essential to delete "silent" parts of the track when someone isn't talking. Sometimes these parts are not silent at all (because of a lot of background noise or leaking audio from headphones), but that makes it even more important to have them removed.

I would like Hindi to be able to identify and insert breakpoints around these sections automatically and remove them upon request. That would make my life soooo much easier.

192 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    29 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been looking at how we can implement “delete silence” in Hindenburg. I think we should be able to come up with a solution for that in the near future.
    We have been working on some other features that touch the same area, with out latest Beta feature called “Magic Levels”.
    It’s a non destructive way of applying Side Chain Gate – so that mixing multiple recordings become very easy.
    No the same, I know – be it might help out in the situations where you are looking to reduce Bleed or Noisefloor.

2. Template projects

It would be great to be able to choose from a series of templates when starting a new project. Ideally I'd like to designate an existing project as a template. Hindenburg would then remove all audio that is not currently used in the editor or clipboard to minimize the size of that project. That would greatly improve my workflow.

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Feature request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Apple Silicon support

It would be great to see a version released which supports the M1/ARM architecture.

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom Keyboard Shortcuts

Custom keyboard shortcuts are the way to streamline the workflow. So far, I find the predefined shortcuts clumsy and awkward. I know you're product is different, but if there's one thing you can emulate from Adobe Audition, it's the ability to create custom keyboard shortcuts. that's going to be a game changer.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Freeze playhead and scroll tracks

I would love fro be able to freeze the playhead and scroll the tracks. This way I can keep my eyes fixed on the playhead in the center and, when I stop playback to make an edit, I would know that the audio to be corrected is just to the left of the center of the screen. It would require much less eye and mouse movement.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Controller support / control mapping

Support for midi, osc, and other hardware communication protocols for physical controller mapping.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do already have that in Hindenburg ABC and it has it’s uses rearding recording lamps, silent buttons and transport … but we have not implemented it in Hindenburg Journalist, as things like automating volume curves would not be possible. This might result in more confusion and frustration – that it would solve. But we will keep it in the back of our minds.

7. Export all (or all selected) clips from the whole clipboard or a clipboard group

I'd love to mark several clips in the clipboard and have them batch-exported automatically as separated single audio takes. This would on the one hand allow for reducing the project size dramatically if the original audio source is very large, i.e. an interview or material from a press conference etc.
    On the other hand this feature would help to forward single takes to the editorial office or to other applications.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. View > Cue Points

The menu item View > Markers does not show Cue Points which is a pity. I propose inserting a new menu item View > Cue Points which shows a list of all cue points.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cue Points are tricky as you can have multiple versions of the same cue point at different places in the timeline.
    As Curpoint are related to the audio – then it will also move, copy, delte, tase …as the audio does. So having a Cue Markers list is a bit of a moving target.
    It’s possible to set and export other markers, if that is what is needed. You could for instance use the Chapter Markers and then export them as text.

9. More flexible clipboards

It would be nice to be able to have two columns in the clipboard section, or create a custom grid pattern so I'm not limited by the height of my screen (I currently have my clipboards on a separate screen than the rest of Hindenburg Journalist, and also using the max number of clipboards)

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple Sessions

It would be helpful to allow multiple sessions. Many times I need to cut and past audio from a previous recording. That requires many steps: open old session, copy. Close old session. Open new session. Paste. Repeat.
    Multiple sessions opened at the same time would be really helpful.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Broadcaster  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the current framework it is not possible to have multiple sessions open unfortunately. It does take, as you describe, some steps.
    What you could do is, place the clips you would like to reuse in the Favourites clipboard. This way they will always be at hand trough all projects.

11. Add option to colorize portions of the tape

First, thanks for making this product. It's saved me so much time since I started using it.

I think if we could change portions of the tape for labeling purposes it would be useful in a number of ways. I mostly use your software to edit interviews for broadcast - and so a big part of the job is whittling down 15 minutes of tape to 10 minutes of interview. If I could colorize portions of the tape, then on the first pass through I could indicate which parts I definitely want to keep in, and which parts are "maybes."…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search/Filter Within Clipboards

Editing large projects with many clips, I regularly spend a lot of time scrolling through the clipboard to find a specific clip. It would be really nice to have a search field or other filters to narrow down the number of clips in the list.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Autosave

Save an open session automatically.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change order of tracks

It would be nice to be able to change the order of the tracks just by dragging them to a new position. Minor thing, but if it is possible...
    Tomas Tengby
    radio presenter & producer

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Color Coding

I wish there was an option to color code clips. That way it would be easier to identify splits you want to come back to.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Journalist  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MIDI or HUI control

My workflow would greatly improve if I could use a control surface/mixer interface with Hindenburg. Most of them use MIDI to connect (e.g. behringer, presonus faderport, etc.). It's incredibly disappointing that software this expensive has no compatibility with any of the control surfaces I use.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Move the order of headers in TOC

Would it be possible to move the order of the headers in TOC? At the moment of the recording the definive order is not always known, so it would be necessary tot move the headers with the connected audio in the right order.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Different types of non-linear fades?

I love Hindenburg. One thing I would use all the time is the option to use different shapes of fades, besides the linear fade that currently exists. Right now, I play with the fade shapes by hand and it takes ~30s to make a nice S fade. What if it only took 2 seconds! Any plans on that for the future? Thanks!

Henry Molofsky
    Pineapple Street Media

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dereverb tool and applying plugins/tools to portions of a track and not just the whole track.

I am very interested in a dereverb tool and being able to apply plugins/tools to specific parts of tracks and not just an entire track. I would also even be willing to purchase an extra Hindenburg specific plugin pack like RX7 but simplified for those without an audio engineering degree. A deesser, limiter, vocal rider, would all be great.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Templates for ID3 Tagging

It would be great if you could add templates for the Podcast ID3 tagging under properties... there are just so many items to fill out and for episodes of a show, that is a silly amount of work to do over and over again. Not only that, but it is hard to remember exactly how you did the previous episode without pulling it up.

This means I need to export the mp3, use the ID3 Tag Editor, look at a previous episode, etc. and can't just push directly from Hindy to libsyn.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?